Monday, August 25, 2008

Hostel I-Pod.

A year back, only one had it, now every alternate guy has it.

Well let me tell you the story from the beginning ... In my kota hostel(prayas) no one had the Ipod. Few mp3 players and cd players but no ipods. I had an ipod due, coz my sis had just went to US and was about to send me one.... but she didn’t do it coz no one was coming back to India anytime soon but then suddenly out of the blue kushagr got an ipod.. a 80 G.B. ipod.... we were all so excited... we had so much of illegally downloaded music collection(which would later play an important role)... and so many unseen movies... we downloaded converters and their keys torrents came before orkut or facebook...came to know and broke so many conditions and problems which apple guys put it in order to avoid coping songs from a pod(guys there are really very creative but they couldn’t beat us)... everyday we would convert movie"s", and watch them together cramped in jaydeep's room(coz he had a double bed) with pod in center connected with a set of very very cheap I-ball speakers... (Sigh) good 'old days...

Then my sis decided to ship me the pod and I suddenly was the owner of a 4 G.B. nano ipod with the engraving,
"World's greatest brother
Raghav"

Man I was so happy.. mine was the legally bought (and still i am the only one who can claim that)...and was engraved with words with so much emotion in them and best of all it was a Ipod.... kushagr’s pod got a bit loose coz now people could take my pod for listening music and Kushagr's was reserved only for those who wanted to watch a movie(a note to inform the readers that the person who used Kushagr's pod least was Kushagr himself.. till now he has heard only around 150 songs from 7000 illegally downloaded songs but has watched 100s of movies thanks to me though)... so came in the second pod.. Mine... The one with best music compilation...

Then after a year came in new guys...
Tanmay
Gujrati (sorry but i till this date doesn’t know his real name)
UtsavVaibhav

Well Tanmay got a 30 G.B. pod with probably worst compilations and worst arrangements with him, Gujrati got another 80 G.B (which is least used by others) and Utsav got an 8 GB ipod Touch with him. We were once again exited... i mean ipod touch was still new and it had so many amazing features but then my pod was suddenly not valued.. i mean its just 4 gb... but it still had the best song compilation which everyone copied so it couldn’t count as a bonus point and the best softwares which would help you do almost anything with a pod. Which again everyone copied... then suddenly out of the blue Vaibhav got 16 gb ipod touch and Utsav got its pod software updated which means we had another ipod and will soon be able to get new games on ipod touch to play on...
Now folks you may think that with so many pods our life would be on a smooth ride but instead it became a bit difficult on free nights… I am presenting a small conversation to prove my point.

(its a true conversation with no exaggeration)

T (Tanmay): Kushagr i need your pod for night
K (kushagr): Raghav asked for it.
T: Raghav I am taking kushagr's pod.
Me: But I want to watch 21 tonight.
T: Take my pod it has 21 on it.
Me: But after that I need to watch the kingdom.
T: yaar watch it tomorrow.
Me: I have to study tomorrow.
T: ok watch the kingdom on kushagr’s pod then take my pod and give me kushagr’s
Me: that’s fine but I might just sleep watching.
T (applying force on his tiny little brains) : Vaibhav Pod has the kingdom...
Me: ok then I’ll take both yours' and Vaibhav
Me: Vaibhav is your pod free?
V (Vaibhav): i want to listen to music.
Me: take my pod for it.
K Hey, I thought I was getting your pod.
V: ok I’ll have Tanmay’s pod
Me: I am having it
V: but you were having my pod?
Me: I am having both of yours coz i need to watch few movies.
V: Ok then I’ll have kushagr's
T: I am having it.
V: what’s this? I want a pod.
Me: take Utsav's
V: Utsav I need your pod for night.
U (Utsav): ok give me your pod.
V: Raghav is having it.
U: ok Raghav give me your pod.
Me: Kushagr's is having it.
U: Kushagr?
K: Tanmay.
Utsav: Tanmay?
Me: I having his too.
Utsav: you guys mean I sleep for one night without pod.
We (in unison): yeah!!

So after many more minutes of futile arguments I, the only one with brains save the day by coming with a brilliant idea:

Me: Tanmay let me have kushagr's pod you have Vaibhav’s and you can watch wanted and other movie. Vaibhav can have mine and kushagr can have Tanmay's.... and Tanmay you can take Kushagr’s pod tomorrow..

K: but I need my pod tomorrow.
Me: ok so we will fight again tomorrow but for today lets do this..
U: Can I have Tanmay's pod i need to watch 21.
K: ok give me yours' I'll watch wall-e on your pod..
Me: so it's all decided...

So friends we all went to our respective rooms with other's pod with us...
And the next day.. Well it was worse then this one...
(Sigh) sometimes I think life was better with few or no pods..

We fight like this 2-3 times in a week... and now the situation is so worse that we have come on to fight for earphones and speakers... (kushagr, Tanmay and I are the only ones with a speaker)...
So now I have decided to name my hostel "Hostel I-Pod" instead of prayas...
And I don’t think anyone would disagree… Would you guys?

2 comments:

  1. ur convo was really funny n confusing........can't stop laughing after reading tht........i didn't know that men also fight for.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am confused...this gaylord doesnt noe that his content can be harmful for people with epilepsy...
    please stop complicating our world any further...

    ReplyDelete