Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pain of Separation!

NOTE: Hemant bahiya is very dear to me. this blog has been written over a wierd fantasy i had over a conversation i had while dinning. I don't mean a word of this. I would appreciate if this is taken as a humour which it is...

They say when you separate from your love you miss it the most.


Now I knew the very depth and pain these true words expressed. Oh! Cruel God why did we have to separate? Those who think I am empty shell and does not have emotion, listen to this… every little moment I was away from my true love my heart ached, bled in fact, for the memories of time we had spend together never left my mind and the horror of what was happening to my love now when I was not there to take care of it and was not in a proper hands... yes, I had to cry myself to sleep... (Sigh)


I bet you guys must be thinking when did I fall in love and when did we separate... well friends even I didn’t know I was in love but when the cruel man took it away for the gruesome period of 24 hrs, I realized the life changing truth about me that I was indeed a victim of cupid... I was in love with my pod...


Now to take you back where all of this started it was suppose to be just another day... I had just woken up from my sleep at 5 in the noon and was feeling very hungry... so I went to the new sandwich guy which had just opened in front of U4... So eating my single cheese, extra onion sandwich and listening to new ozzy osbourne songs I had downloaded previous night I go to U4...
Had I known what lay ahead... (sigh)


As I enter I find cafe owner Hemant bhaiya sitting on a chair repairing headphones notice me humming "I am just a dreamer"... And ask for what I am listening to..?
Me: Nothing special just an English song.
H: Yaar give it to me for a minute.
He always ask for it for few minutes... you know usually listens to one or two jagjit singh"s gazals I have... so innocently not knowing what was about to happen I hand my pod over to him..
H (listening on my pod): Can you put some songs of my choice on it?


Well that caught me off my guard.. Why would he want his likings on my pod? Now I get the idea what was about to happen... Dreading the worst I answer him.


Me: yes, I can but I don’t have my U.S.B. port with me right now and I really don’t have enough space left...
H: Get U.S.B. port from your home and I really don’t have that many songs I want to transfer...

I never knew living so close to U4 would cost me so dearly one day... so I go to my place get my port.. Every step is a burden for me now... I can nearly feel my pod crying out for me as my heart was crying out for it... was he handling my small, tender yet firm baby with the delicacy I did.. No he can never do that… He can’t care for my pod the way I do for it...
And I reach U4 (you see my home is very near to this place so I couldn’t think a lot traveling between them.)
When I reach there...


H: So you came, Ok then come on. Ashok, get the two cds of songs I gave to you early this morning...
Two CD!!!! I was like fuck that approx 1 G.B. i had like 157 M.B. left... So I say
Me: Bhaiya I don’t have so much space...
H: Delete few songs that you don’t listen too much...


Thunder hit me...I skipped a beat... I felt as if the ground was shaking and I was sinking in it... Delete songs from my pod... MY POD!! It took me ages to illegally download songs of so many artist many haven’t even heard the name off... delete few songs which I don’t listen to... well I don’t put in the songs I don’t listen to...Every song that is there is dear to me... and I can’t put all the songs I care for myself for the problem of pace... Seriously I wish I could eat hard drives in order to get more space on my pod... and here this guy says delete songs from it... huh...


Me: Ok… But please can you select the song you really want… So I don’t have to delete much...
H: Ok don’t worry.
He starts his process of selecting songs... every click of his makes my fist clinch but I cant do much...So he selects approx 300 M.B. songs...


Now came in the most difficult part... I look down at itunes... Raghav's Ipod stares back at me beaming... exited that the master is probably gonna put in some new wonderful songs in it... (sigh)... I nearly cried as I delete Lewis black's "Black in Broadway" from my TV shows...
Still after deleting the whole show I am short of 70 M.B. I then go to songs and with my first instinct delete linkin park... I didn’t like them ... but am still short of 30 M.B... I scroll every song from my pod three or four times... cant find any song I want to delete... of course my love has been so perfect... How can I find mistakes in it... but then I remember I have an aerosmith songs backup on kushagr's pod...so I delete them...


i could listen to my pod cries of why!! Why are you doing this to me... I have no reply... I dreaded souls of aerosmith would turn in their grave and would haunt me forever now I have disrespected so much....
After putting Hemant bhaiya's song in it... I try too look at my pod but my eyes cant meet it's screen… my eye's were heavy with guilt and my pod screen brightness was dull as if it was crying itself.. Now that it's love it has put his trust in has betrayed it...


H: Thanks... I'll give it back tomorrow...
I go to dinner with a slash in my heart... now I knew what my friends felt after getting dumped by their girlfriends.... their love wasn’t even pure yet it hurt them... imagine my pain coz I truly was in love...


Kushagr understood my pain of separation and gave me his pod for the night (now you guys on this juncture might think we always trade pods so why such a big deal now but fellas we always trade it with people who we know will take proper care for it and actually has a taste in music and at least know that nirvana is a rock band...


Looking at Kushagr's pod's screen only reminds me of my pod... how we would spends hours together looking at nothing but each other.. I watching a movie on it and it wonderful stare back at me...how it would play a pink floyd song when i would be low or a system of a down song when i would like to rock 'n roll... how my love knew me so well... I would take pride in it when some one would say "Hey man! your pod has an amazing collection..." I would just hold my pod in my hands... it felt so complete... we together had so many moments... we would sleep together side by side... my palms covering it small beauty so I don’t sleep over it and it would play melodious slow pink floyd or coldplay songs so I could sleep in peace... how much I cared for him...Could I hold it again and tell it how much I loved it.. Could I just express my care for it... but now it was in those big hands... Was he holding them too strongly... or was he careless about it... would he by mistake sit on it... oh!! My god!! His Hindi movie song like Singh is king were there on my pod with the likes of great rock bands like AC/DC and pink floyd... I had to make a play list for his anu malik songs like i had made for system of a down and coldplay... How hard it would have been for my pod to bear... I couldn’t sleep in peace that night...


Next day evening i again go to U4... my steps were fast... my heart was beating fast... all I could think was about how was my little beauty doing.. Was it still in once piece...They say time heals... well it didn’t work that way for me...
When I reach hemant bhaiya is not there... so I call him ask for my pod... he says he is on the way of the cafe and has the pod with him... (Sigh)... friends... let me say waiting for those 45 min. was the hardest part... my heart must have pumped thrice the blood than it usually does...Every motorcycle looked like Hemant Bhaiya to me...
But when the pod finally came to me my joy knew no bounds I again felt complete...Ah!! how much my hands had missed its touch... how my ears had missed the melodious sound of it's click wheel... I say sorry to my pod and know my love has forgotten me coz now it has the usual brightness on it... But then suddenly a friend comes up and has a look at my pod and says man you listen to anu malik! Well I just look sadly at my pod which was quite insulted but my ever forgiving love is just happy to be with me again... so I connect my pod to computer delete all the songs and put the aerosmith back...


I am again united with my love and I feel so complete about it...


I just hold on to it while it plays Wish you were here...

P.S. This is just written for fun... Hemant bhaiya has done a lot for me and it's really a small was to repay him.. i would gladly give him my pod if he ever ask for it again...

3 comments:

  1. as usual this is also a really grt piece of work.........the beginning (spec. "i was in love with pod") made my day!!!........really.....u have great feelings fr ur ipod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love...lurve at its best...makes ya heart sing and dance...and ultimately end up feeling nausea!!

    but raghav is a good writer...he converts the nausea into just a sick feeling in the stomach..and considering its somewat weird sort of bestiality meets gadgetry love for his i pod,,i guess he has done a good job..


    so hey raghav...when are u going to throw the marriage party...get committed soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is the best of all your blogs .
    well i can understand the pain of seperation.........................
    hehehe.

    ReplyDelete